Beacon Development Kit with iBeacon Technology
The IoT Design Shop Beacon Development Kit With iBeacon Technology contains everything you need to get started for developing interesting iBeacon-enabled Apps for iOS.
The hardware is extremely simple to set up, and our free configuration App allows you to set up the beacon ID's and hardware quickly and easily. The development kit is powered by either AA or AAA batteries, depending on which enclosure you select, to provide long life for testing and debugging purposes.
While there is no reason these beacons cannot also be deployed for production purposes, we will also be releasing simplified, more polished "deployment" beacons in the future at a lower price point for mass deployment. Time and effort invested in the development kit today can be directly turned into a production-ready solution for commercial use tomorrow.
- User Configurable ID, Major, Minor Version - Via our management App, you can set up unique ID's as well as application specific major and minor versions to identify your beacon uniquely in iOS.
- Battery Power - Keep it simple during development. Our hardware uses off-the-shelf batteries for power and lasts for an extended time to minimize headaches during development.The vertical beacons use AAAs and the beacon boxes use AAs.
- Low Profile 3-D Printed Case - Units are quite small and inconspicuous. Our case is durable and can withstand real deployment should you choose to use the beacons as-is for deployment. Lids are pressure fit for easy access to the battery holder
- Selectable Power Levels and Ping Frequency - Our advanced configuration options allow you to increase or decrease the transmit power of the beacon as well as it's broadcast rate. This allows you to fine tune detectable range as well as power consumption for your applications.
- Upgradeable Firmware - Our systems always come with Over-the-Air (OTA) firmware update. If the standard changes or features evolve, new firmware can be downloaded onto the device to update it to current feature spec.
- IoT Design Shop Beacon With iBeacon Technology - One beacon in an enclosed case.
- iOS BeaconManager Configuration App - Source to build the configuration App which allows you to set up your beacon kit.
- Tutorial Code - Code samples and a sample iOS App which uses our iBeacon technology for location awareness. Preview our developer portal at developer.iotdesignshop.com
About IoT Design Shop
IoT Design Shop is a leading developer for Internet of Things (IoT) related technology. We're very excited by the prospects of new emerging technologies and connectivity options which unite the physical and digital world!
We're dedicated to bringing a number of solutions to market in 2014 including Bluetooth Low Energy Devices, Proximity Systems, and wearables. However, we also believe in enabling others to make progress and do amazing things along side us. Therefore, as we discover and commercialize new technologies, we plan to open up the products and sell kits and tools for helping us to advance them in the world.
Our current areas of interest include:
- Remote Sensor Technologies - Building infrastructure and frameworks for connecting sensors and data to the cloud. We have core, modular technologies which enable us to connect building blocks like sensors and communication channels together to streamline the process of acquiring and reporting data.
- Indoor Location and Beacon Technology - Our proprietary beacon systems support standards such as iBeacon as well as enhanced features for more comprehensive "indoor GPS" functionality. Our ConnectionMaker system is a state of the art indoor location system which utilizes our location technology and beacon systems.
We're available to help, chat, consult, or just muse about the future. Please visit our main site to find out more.