SIGNUL is a personal beacon system that unites your physical and digital worlds. Entering the vicinity of a SIGNUL beacon triggers reactions like sending messages, controlling appliances, and updating your social networks.
How it works
- Download and launch the SIGNUL App
- Turn the SIGNUL beacon on by inserting the batteries
- Tell the App what you want it to do when you encounter that particular SIGNUL beacon
- Power: 2 AA batteries (8 months run time)
- Physical dimensions: 9 cm x 2.5 cm (3.5” x 1”)
- Beacon zone size (diameter): configurable from 1-30 m (3’ - 100’)
- iOS and Android Apps (iOS support for iPhone 4s and newer, iPad 3 and newer. Android support for Samsung Galaxy S3, S4 and S5, Nexus 4, 5 and 7 (not first gen), HTC One m7 and m8, Moto G and Sony Xperia Z2.)
- Security: there is no login or collection of personal data and beacon IDs are factory locked.
The IoT Design Shop is the Internet of Things innovation centre at Finger Food Studios. We're a team of engineers and designers who are passionate about developing products that improve people's lives. We’re experts in software, hardware, industrial design and business and are committed to using our diverse skill set to find elegant solutions to emerging and age-old problems alike. We provide specific solutions for markets such as Bluetooth proximity, indoor location, wearables, and remote sensing applications.
About IoT Design Shop
IoT Design Shop is a leading developer for Internet of Things (IoT) related technology. We're very excited by the prospects of new emerging technologies and connectivity options which unite the physical and digital world!
We're dedicated to bringing a number of solutions to market including Bluetooth Low Energy Devices, Proximity Systems, and wearables. However, we also believe in enabling others to make progress and do amazing things along side us. Therefore, as we discover and commercialize new technologies, we plan to open up the products and sell kits and tools for helping us to advance them in the world.
Our current areas of interest include:
- Remote Sensor Technologies - Building infrastructure and frameworks for connecting sensors and data to the cloud. We have core, modular technologies which enable us to connect building blocks like sensors and communication channels together to streamline the process of acquiring and reporting data.
- Indoor Location and Beacon Technology - Our proprietary beacon systems support standards such as iBeacon as well as enhanced features for more comprehensive "indoor GPS" functionality.
We're available to help, chat, consult, or just muse about the future. Please visit our main site to find out more.